Thursday, July 3, 2008

Horlicks & Magnums

Today was a day  where a picture can say a thousand word seems to be appropriate! And here is why....
I have been in Plymouth now for four night and have slept nearly 10 hour...total!! So I decided tonight, although I haven't felt tired in days, I need to sleep. So, we walked to a 24 hour shop and I asked for a sleep aide type of pill and the first store had no type of "sleep tablet". We then walked to another 24 hour shop and I asked the lady behind the checkout for a sleep tablet. She said  "oh no beloved, we do not have anything that strong. You must go to the chemist in town for those drug!" She then suggested "Horlicks." Of course, I had no idea what this might be so she pointed me in the direction of a product with a slogan of "sleep better, feel better, just add hot milk." Come to find out homeopathic medicine is big here which is great in my opinion. I was leery, but after reading the label and seeing that it's ingredients matched what would be in Special K cereal, I decided to try this Horlicks. I have drank it and will be updating you in the morning. I hope to sleep like a mummy tonight! Thanks to Stephanie for this ultra attractive picture! 
We (Patty, Stephanie and Kristin) also purchased a icecream bar that we had never tried, Magnum. Magnum was a delicious natural vanilla been center covered in a decadent chocolate with a high quality wood handle. The handle seems to have been branded by a wood burner using a proud type face, it reads MAGNUM
Previously today, we wen out to town in search of answers from the locals about culture. Each of the 9 of us have a different area we are focusing on and I am loo
king into the use and value put on the natural resource, water! Fascinating, I know! Stay tuned because I am making a short movie on it that will be up on the web by Monday.
One of the other girls, Tara, is looking in to what the locals know as tombstoning. The video says it all! Please turn your head to the left before viewing for the time being!
 

1 comment:

The Traveling Teacher said...

I heart Magnum ice cream bars! Great blog, Michelle.