Today I learned about podcasts and itunes in the morning. After a bag lunch from the refractory (aka cafeteria) I had the opertunity to spend the afternoon in a primary school with 3 year students, approximately 2nd graders. They were very excited to talk with me. They told me adorable stories in their little accents and they asked me questions about America. I showed them maps of America, Michigan, and Indiana. I even showed them street view of my Aunt and Uncle's house, because they were so curious about what american houses and cars were like.
It is near the end of their school year, thus their were many fun projects going on that I got to see. Ever year the 5th year students make sculptures outside which are inspired by the eart art of Andy Goldsworthy. I was super excited to see this- I have watched his movie and looked through many of his books! There isn't a seperate art teacher in the primary schools here. The general teachers seem to do pretty good art lessons. They are pulling ideas from many cultures. I even talked to there teacher about being art pals with one of my classes in the fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment