Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Administration Fair Thoughts

For an afternoon class during our first week, we had the opportunity to look at different thesis projects that the Masters in administration students have been working on. I was most intrigued by the Advisory Committee research done by Suzanne Keys. 
Her powerpoint and discussion that she had with the small group while I was at the her table was a clear way to describe what the 2nd half of  my internship was like at the liberal alternative high school. I was never able to get a clear explanation about what "forum" was when I started student teaching. I began to understand the format of this class time but the purpose took longer for me to grasp. What Ms. Keys said about advisory resonated with what I took away as an understanding with "forum" from my internship placement. I got Ms. Keys email and I plan to look further into her work.
Other thesis projects I went to dealt with toxic teacher that may be a part of your staff, and making a department cohesive within similar courses. 

No comments: